Lumson Cosmetic Packaging Certifications and Sustainability
Europe | Regulatory | SPC
Lumson Headquarters, together with its production sites at Capergnanica and Santa Maria di Sala are certified UNI EN ISO 9001:2008. Lumson Headquarters and the Capergnanica production site are also certified UNI EN ISO 14001.
The Company and Its Certified Production Sites
Lumson looks to the regulations set out by GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) for its own manufacturing processes. These standards are practiced throughout every phase of manufacturing and storage of the finished product in order to guarantee sanitation and absence of contaminants.
Through the years, Lumson has followed and implemented a policy of quality and sustainability based on the following standards and regulations:
- Regulation 1907/2006 CE regarding the recording, assessment, authorisation, and restrictions of chemical substances (REACH), modified from Regulation 143/2011/CE and 494/2011/CE.
- Regulation 1223/2009/CE regarding cosmetic products.
- Directive 2002/72 CE, Regulation 1935/2004/CE and Regulation UE 10/2011 regarding plastics and objects made of plastic destined to come in contact with food products.
- Directive 94/62 CE and Standard EN 13427:2004 regarding packaging materials and its subsequent waste.
- Standards EN 13695/1:2000 and EN 13965-2:2004 regarding the measurement and limits of metals and other dangerous substances within packaging materials and their exposure to the environment.
Lumson has always been attentive to eco-sustainability and after having obtained the UNI EN ISO 14001 certification, is continuing its dedication to the environment by guaranteeing the following:
- Checks on atmospheric emissions
- Regularisation of water waste disposal
- Monitoring of external noise
- Industrial hygiene checks
- Collection and differentiated recycling of all production waste and refuse
- Development of Eco-Design products
- Production of approved packaging which conforms to the COSMOS and ECOCERT standards
- Energy savings through the use of solar energy acquired by solar panelling installed over its production sites
- Checks throughout the entirety of the “Supply Chain” process: all of our suppliers are required to operate respect to the European standards