Cosmetics Business is looking for an exceptional News Editor to join its friendly, London Bridge-based team.
We are seeking a candidate who preferably has experience writing for one or more B2B titles.
You will be responsible for populating cosmeticsbusiness.com website with clean copy produced on a tight deadline, working closely with Cosmetics Business’ editorial team.
Part of HPCi Media, Cosmetics Business is a multichannel, global platform providing information for the cosmetics industry via cosmeticsbusiness.com and several print publications, as well as virtual and in-person events.
Cosmetics Business prides itself on exclusive content and breaking beauty industry news.
The ideal candidate would have an impressive black book of beauty industry contacts to leverage off-diary stories with fresh angles. You will be required to build and maintain contacts with key industry players to develop leads for exclusives.
In this role, you will provide engaging content covering all areas of the cosmetics industry; topics are broad, ranging from financials to new product drops via legislative updates.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned reporter or news writer who is ready to take an exciting step up the career ladder.
- Be a digital first news hound and able to work under pressure while not compromising on quality;
- Have an NCTJ accreditation, Journalism/Media Studies degree, or equivalent journalism experience;
- News reporting experience, preferably for a B2B publication;
- Have proven experience of generating exclusive stories and interviews;
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law;
- Experience working across social media channels, especially Instagram;
- CMS experience, Photoshop and video recording skills an advantage;
- Be London based, or have easy access to our offices located in London Bridge.
THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE…
As part of a small, sociable team working across the beauty and healthcare industries, you will enjoy a friendly working environment, based in the historic and oh-so-hip Bermondsey Street area, with access to the best eateries and bars that London Bridge has to offer.
You will get up to 25-days holiday per annum.
And, as a natural news-hound, you will get to sink your teeth into a diverse range of topics underpinned by one of the most dynamic, socially-conscious and, yes, glamorous, industries out there: beauty.
If this News Editor role sounds like your dream job, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘CB News Editor’, accompanied by a Covering Letter.