Emerging French brand runs with natural flower power

New organic cosmetics brand emerges in France with floral elixirs

France has a new organic cosmetics brand, Alors Ça Pousse?. Based in the Jura region, the firm uses local ingredients – mainly ‘floral elixirs’ – to create what it calls haute cosmétique artisanale skin care.

The products come in small glass pots that are individually filled by hand and numbered.There are currently six skus in the range: Baume Premier (Premier Balm, €60 for 30ml), a serum based on flower elixirs, which can be used as a facial day cream or night cream; Baume de Terre (Earth Balm, €42 for 30ml), a flower elixir-based facial mask designed to be massaged into the skin; Baume Mains et Pieds (Hand and Foot Balm, €37 for 30ml); Baume Détente (Relaxing Balm, €48 for 50ml), a body balm based on vine extract and floral elixirs; Baume Energie (Energy Balm, €48 for 50ml), a body balm based on the same ingredients; and Baume Pureté (Purity Balm, €48 for 50ml), a body balm based on the same ingredients which is also claimed to act on cellulite.

The products are certified by Nature et Progrès as made in the Jura, 100% natural and 99% organically cultivated, with the remaining 1% of ingredients gathered in the wild. The brand is available online from naturals website DouxGood.

Patricia Mansfield-Devine, Rennes