Minimum Qualification: MSc Chemistry with 2-3 years work experience, ideally PhD graduate
Duration of Contract: permanent (subject to successfully completing 6-month probationary period)
Location: Unit 7, Abbey Court, Selby Business Park, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 8RY, UK
Employment Type: Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lab Chemist to join our R&D facility Selby, North Yorkshire.
You will be working in a small and friendly team. As a Lab Chemist you will be responsible for formulating FMCG products on the bench. Key categories of activity will be homecare and personal care technologies, working on sustainable homecare and personal care technologies. Performing physico chemical and/or analytical testing on cosmetic/homecare products.
Setting up procedures, communicating with national and international suppliers/clients and Here2Grow associates, to develop or improve products. Representing the company at relevant trade shows and conferences. The Lab Chemist reports to the Chief Chemist.
Job Duties Key Accountabilities:
Work alongside fellow R&D Scientist to develop compliant cosmetics/homecare products.
- Perform experimental design on prototype formulations
- Trialling new cosmetic/homecare development products
- Order chemical samples and pricing from suppliers
- Assist in developing Standard Operating Procedures in product evaluation
- Maintaining the Lab environment
- Evaluate new cosmetic ingredients and build strong relationships with suppliers
- Perform stability and storage testing according to relevant standards
- Generate SOPs
After training the Lab Chemist is expected to carry out product development with minimum supervision, competencies expected:
- Be able to set priorities
- Be able to communicate and collaborate well with national and international stakeholders
- Have a sound understanding of cosmetic/homecare product development
- Personable but resilient
- Creative thinker
- Flexible, with a can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, well-presented and tidy
- Able to work independently
- A genuine interest in cosmetics/homecare formulations
- The candidate needs to have a valid driving license
- Must be comfortable with commuting
- Here2Grow Ltd will not be able to provide any sponsorship for the employment status, now or in the future
- Must have completed at least a Masters degree level to apply for this position.