Cosmetics Business is looking for an exceptional News Reporter to join its friendly, London Bridge-based team.
Part of HPCi Media (a Claverley Group company), we are a multichannel, global platform providing information for the cosmetics industry via cosmeticsbusiness.com and several print publications, as well as virtual and in-person events.
We are looking for a self-starter, preferably with experience as a news reporter on a B2B publication, to populate our cosmeticsbusiness.com website with clean copy produced on a tight deadline.
Cosmetics Business prides itself on exclusive content and breaking beauty industry news, so you will be required to quickly amass a black book of industry contacts to leverage off-diary stories with fresh angles.
In this role you will provide engaging content covering all areas of the cosmetics industry; topics are broad, ranging from financials to new product drops via legislative updates. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be comfortable interviewing everyone from influencers to scientists and CEOs.
This would be an ideal job opportunity for an established news reporter with one or two placements under their belt, or for an outstanding newcomer with the right qualifications and proven aptitude.
- Have an NCTJ accreditation, Journalism/Media Studies degree, or equivalent journalism experience;
- News reporting experience, preferably for a B2B publication;
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law;
- Experience working across social media channels, especially Instagram;
- CMS experience, Photoshop and video recording skills an advantage;
- Be London based, or have easy access to our offices located in London Bridge.
THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE…
- Finding and creating news content – including breaking and exclusive stories – for cosmeticsbusiness.com that is well-researched, clearly presented and accurate.
- Providing editorial analysis of key news pieces and keeping abreast of overarching trends.
- Contributing to the social media strategies of Cosmetics Business and its sister magazine Pure Beauty.
- Liaising with PRs and influencers, digitally and in-person, and attending media events (sometimes out of hours) to get unique angles or interview opportunities.
- Travelling nationally and internationally to report from trade events, seminars and expos.
- Supporting the success of our own portfolio of live beauty industry events, including the Pure Beauty Awards (UK and Global) and Cosmetics Business Live.
- Moderating/hosting commercial webinars and video interview products for Cosmetics Business’ valued clients.
- As part of a small, sociable team working across the beauty and healthcare industries, you will enjoy a friendly working environment, based in the historic and oh-so-hip Bermondsey Street area, with access to the best eateries and bars that London Bridge has to offer.
- You will get up to 30-days holiday per annum.
- And, as a natural news-hound, you will get to sink your teeth into a diverse range of topics underpinned by one of the most dynamic, socially-conscious and, yes, glamorous, industries out there: beauty.
If this News Reporter role sounds like your dream job and you know that you can meet our criteria, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘CB News Reporter’, accompanied by a Covering Letter and an idea for a news feature to be published on cosmeticsbusiness.com (synopsis: max 50 words).
Applications close 21st February.