Pinolumin is a concentrated extract of Swiss stone pine that calms skin hypersensitivity and reduces local skin redness and colour irregularities resulting from inflammation.
Swiss stone pine grows preferentially at high altitudes on cold and windy hillsides. This long-living pine, which is called the King of the Alps, contains pinosylvin. This is known to reduce inflammation through several biological pathways.
In vitro studies notably demonstrated that Pinolumin inhibits the function of TRPV1. This is a receptor that is over-activated in sensitive skin. Consequently, Pinolumin inhibits the release of pro-inflammatory mediators (CGRP, IL-8 and PGE2). Furthermore, Pinolumin protects skin
collagen by inhibiting the UVA-induced MMP-1 production.
Clinical studies showed Pinolumin was able to both strongly and visibly reduce local redness and age spots on the face, which led to a noticeable increase in the overall skin tone homogeneity. In fact, measuring several colour parameters on twenty-four different points of the face demonstrated that Pinolumin succeeded in increasing the homogeneity of the skin.
Before and after pictures clearly showed a reduction in local redness, dark areas and age spots, which resulted in a more uniform skin tone. Therefore, Pinolumin is able to transform an uneven complexion into radiant skin.
Claim Ideas for Pinolumin
- Calms sensitive and irritated skin
- Visibly reduces redness and age spots
- Creates a more even toned skin for a youthful radiance
- Protects from the effects of environmental stress
- Skincare and suncare for sensitive skin
- Radiance booster
- CC creams (colour control)
Formulating with Pinolumin
- Recommended use level: 2 %
- Incorporation: For cold processes, dissolve Pinolumin into the aqueous phase. In hot/cold processes, add during the cooling phase below 40 °C
- Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 40 °C for a short time will not affect the stability of Pinolumin
INCI / CTFA-Declaration
- Pinus Cembra Wood Extract (and) Alcohol (and) Pentylene Glycol (and) Aqua / Water