Pure Beauty Awards – Hair
The Pure Beauty Awards 2014 celebrates the best in beauty – the most efficacious, exciting and innovative products launched over the past 12 months
Best new HAIR CARE product
Jo Hansford Expert Colour Care Everyday Shampoo
- This shampoo is paraben and sulphate-free, with the additional
benefit of sweet blue lupin peptides in the formula, scientifically
proven to keep hair colour-fast for up to 30 washes – even notoriously
fast-fading red dyes.
- Using Iselux LQ, a sulphate- free cleanser, it provides gentle
yet efficient cleansing while minimising colour fade from washing. It
also contains keratin amino acids to help maintain optimum moisture
balance, avoiding dull, dry and brittle hair.
- Hair also benefits from sunflower seed extract, a polyphenol-rich
ingredient that helps to protect from free radical damage.
Dove Advanced Hair Series BB Cream
- This is a one-step multi-tasker that replenishes essential
nutrients lost with age, simultaneously protecting the hair and making
it easier to style.
- Infused with anti-oxidants and a UV filter, the innovative BB
cream leaves hair soft, shiny and youthful looking with visible
- The cream is part of the new Dove Advanced Hair Series, which has
been developed specifically for mature hair.
Lee Stafford Ubuntu Oils from Africa range
- Lee Stafford is the first to bring Ubuntu Oils from Africa to the
market, with the next generation of exotic African oils designed to
repair, pamper and restore healthy goodness to hair.
- The range comprises four targeted oils for specific hair types,
including Baobab oil for dry hair and Mafura oil for the repair of
- The range, which includes both hair care and styling products,
also uses Marula oil for the repair of fine/damaged hair and Mongongo
oil for colour fade protection.
Nourkrin Scalp Lotion
- Nourkrin Scalp Lotion has recently been reformulated and
scientifically proven to be as effective as minoxidil, but without any
- This lotion is scientifically formulated to protect the scalp and
to create the right environment for normal hair follicle function.
- It should be applied twice daily directly to dry scalp in the
areas where hair thinning is occurring, spread with fingertips and left
Free From Frizz 6 Week Blowout
- This patent-pending treatment combines a Floraceutical blend with
a unique modified keratin to soften the hair’s bonds, locking in
anti-frizz ingredients to leave hair smooth for up to six weeks.
- With just four simple steps and taking no more time than a home
hair colourant, hair is softened, elasticized, structurally rearranged
then set by heat to eliminate frizz for smooth, glossy locks.
- Available in two variants: Mango for thick/coarse hair, and
Watermelon for fine/normal hair.
Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner
- This cleansing conditioner is an effective cleansing and
moisturising system for hair that has been damaged or over-treated by
hair relaxing, colouring or bleaching.
- It gently and naturally conditions hair, leaving it looking
healthier and glossier. It’s formulated without sulphates, detergents,
lather, phthalates, petrolatum, mineral oil or harsh chemicals.
- This gentle, no-lather cleansing cream contains an exclusive
blend of extra virgin olive oil, vitamin e, keratin protein and natural
herbal extracts such as peppermint oil and aloe vera to help
moisturise, soften and detangle hair.
Schwarzkopf essence ULTÎME Range
- Schwarzkopf called on the experience of top model Claudia
Schiffer, who managed to keep her iconic mane looking gorgeous even
after a 25-year busy career, to create this range.
- It comprises four hair care collections featuring 15 expert
products providing targeted solutions for normal, damaged, coloured,
dull and fine hair, each containing luxurious pearl essence, reparative
keratin and panthenol to add body.
- The range’s signature fragrance blends 135 carefully selected
ingredients that leave hair smelling beautiful for all day, even after
Morrisons Hair care Range
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
- This range is salon-inspired but without the expensive price tag,
with each variant infused with a specific oil (argan, moringa or
baobab) to give tailored benefits.
- The six-strong range targets customers with specific hair care
needs, while providing clear benefits and consumer panel test results
to support the products’ claims.
- The Shampoos and Conditioners are available in three variants:
Strength to Strength for repair, True Colours for colour protection and
Bounce Back for volume.
Best new HAIR STYLING product
Lee Stafford ARGAN OIL from Morocco Anti-Frizz Serum Spray
- This spray helps to tackle the everyday frizz dilemmas of dry,
damaged, unruly hair.
- A quick mist over dry hair will leave a long lasting shine and
extra nourishment for a smooth, glossy, luxurious effect.
- Argan oil is a rich, nourishing oil native to Morocco, used by
the Moroccan Berber women for hundreds of years in their beauty
routines. It contains many of the ingredients associated with repairing
hair and the creation of luxurious, healthy locks.
label.m Texturising Volume Spray
- label.m Texturising Volume Spray launched in early 2014 and was a
hit at London Fashion Week and Vodaphone London Fashion Weekend with
press and consumers alike.
- Offering the ease of backcombing with the hold of a hairspray, it
creates volume, texture and hold in one hit to take hair to new heights.
- Texturising Volume Spray is the ultimate in root lift with a
lived-in texture for runway-ready hair, and is fast-drying, distributes
evenly and benefits all hair types.
label.m Brightening Blonde Balm
- From the very first use of this balm, blonde hair looks
illuminated and radiant, with a silk-like smoothness to help guard
against regular heat styling damage and frizzing caused by
- It must be applied to damp hair and utilises three potent
elements from nature: aloe leaf juice to lock in moisture, tamanu seed
oil to quench thirsty hair and protect from environmental damage and
hydrolysed wheat protein to aid hair’s moisture retention.
- label.m’s Brightening Blonde range, a three-step system to care
for and enhance natural or coloured blonde hair, also contains Shampoo
Trevor Sorbie salon approved curls & waves control mousse
- This mousse provides beautiful definition and all day
- The hydrating and conditioning formula will keep curls looking
their best, without any heaviness, stickiness or crunch.
- For even distribution, disperse into palms and apply to the hair
with a wide-toothed comb, rather than fingers, before drying it into
the hair a section at a time.
Davines Invisible No Gas Hairspray
- Invisible No Gas Hairspray provides medium hold with no gas,
characterised by a very fine mist.
- The spray is formulated without parabens or added colourings, is
ideal for all hair types and ensures any hairstyle lasts longer,
endures humidity, keeps its natural movement and has a silky sheen.
- The formula’s extra-moisturising factor helps to maintain the
healthy structure of the hair, while three-dimensional resins with
specific molecular configurations give structure, yet retain elasticity
and movement. Panthenol provides moisture and adds softness to the hair.
Electric Hair ºC-5 Volume Liquid Mist
- The ultimate professional tool for creating long lasting volume
and support, Volume Liquid Mist’s advanced amplifying formula delivers
lasting volume with no hint of residue.
- Weightless conditioners detangle the hair to prevent breakage,
penetrate the hair shaft and improve the condition of the cuticle, as
well as the outer shaft.
- Pro-vitamin 5 thickens and boosts the hair's body, infusing
tresses with ultimate volume and brilliant shine. The mist also offers
Kitsch Hair Ties
- This LA-based brand of hair ties are colourful, fun, and jazz up
the most simple of hair styles.
- A vast range of cool colours and designs means customers will
have an amazing set for any mood.
- The super-soft elastic means they won’t get tangled in hair and
they don’t leave the tell-tale kinks that a lot of other hair bands do;
no wonder California cool kids Alessandra Ambrosio, Jessica Alba and
Julianne Hough are already fans.
The Power Styler
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
- A revolution in hair styling, The Power Styler consists of two
high quality ceramic plates that attach to a hairdryer nozzle for
shinier, smoother looking hair.
- The hot air travels through the hairdryer and heats the plates so
they essentially act like a straightening iron but with less potential
damage to hair, leaving hair looking smooth and polished.
- The Power Styler helps to achieve a faster, longer lasting blow
dry and cuts down on time spent styling hair.
Best new HAIR COLOURING product
- Superdrug Ultrabrights comes in two ultra-bright colours;
Rebellious Red and Outrageous Orange.
- The salon-tested conditioning colour is non-permanent, ready to
use and requires no mixing. The colour will last for six to eight
washes depending on the development time, any pre-treatments and the
colour, texture and condition of the hair.
- Can create different effects such as dip dye, streaks or an all
over head application. Hair is left soft, shiny, smooth and infused
with brilliant colour.
Superdrug Colour Episode
- Superdrug Colour Episode is part of a comprehensive range of
excellent quality hair colouring products that are the result of
extensive research and development. It is dermatologically tested and
does not contain ammonia.
- It can be used to create a subtle, moderate or intense colour
effect by applying the mousse to towel dried hair and leaving in for
the recommended time.
- All formulations have been tested under salon conditions. Colour
lasts for six to eight washes, varying with the intensity of the effect.
Nice ’n Easy AgeDefy collection
- Nice ’n Easy’s latest launch fights seven signs of hair ageing to
deliver up to 100% grey coverage, helping to bring back the look and
feel of youthful hair for age confidence.
- It features a breakthrough three-step regime, instead of the
usual two-step colour and conditioner process, to tackle stubborn
greys, lacklustre colour, coarseness, frizz, unruly hair, dryness and
- The unique pre-colour Primer, together with the concentrated
colour technology and AgeDefy ColourSeal Conditioning Therapy powered
by Pantene Pro-V, delivers nice’n easy’s most advanced grey coverage
and outstanding colour results.
Derma V10 Classic Colour
- Classic Colour is a permanent hair colouring cream that is gentle
on the hair while using a colour locking agent designed to give bright,
vibrant, salon quality colour.
- It ensures maximum protection, elasticity, density and strength
- The fixing balm is enriched with jojoba oil, aloe vera and red
grape extract to condition the hair after colouring, leaving it soft
and manageable with fade-free colour.
label.m POWDER COLOUR SPRAY
- Swallowfield worked with label.m to create this unique
non-permanent hair colour spray range, which has quickly become one of
the company’s fastest selling products ever after its debut at London
Fashion Week SS14.
- The spray-in, wash-out formula gives instant colour with an edgy
soft matt texture for an individual statement look.
- As a texturising mattifying spray, it comes with added pigment
for a chalky, soft finish, giving a very fine mist spray that fixes the
colour and has a low level of transfer. It’s available in Pink, Blue,
Purple and Red.
Smart Beauty Colour Boost
- Colour Boost refreshes colour and adds shine in just three
minutes, and is ideal for use between regular hair colouring
- It’s a totally new hair beauty treatment, and the colour and
conditioning formulation contains no ammonia or PPD and requires no
- Use weekly over pre-coloured hair to revitalise colour and
gently blend away grey hair and root growth, without damaging the hair.
Each bottle contains up to four applications.
Josh Wood Guardian of Colour Blending Wand
- Josh Wood Blending Wand is a non-permanent instant colour
solution that instantly hides grey hairs and blends re-growth, and is
available in five shades.
- Apply to wet or dry hair and blow dry to set; it will last for up
to three shampoos. Hair is left soft, glossy and rich in reflective
- Josh Wood brings his years of expertise in colour to the Guardian
of Colour range, expertly created to deliver results for each specific
Naturtint Permanent Hair Colorant Chocolate Shades
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
- Naturtint Permanent Hair Colorants were introduced after popular
demand from customers and retailers.
- Like the rest of the Naturtint range, they are chemically light
and free from parabens, resorcinol and ammonia.
- With more women than ever now reaching for an at-home box dye,
Naturtint offers two new shades that make it easier to achieve the
Duchess of Cambridge look without the royal price tag.
Best new ELECTRICAL BEAUTY appliance
Nicky Clarke DesiRED Roller Pod
- This innovative new product styles hair into gorgeous, frizz-free
waves and curls, with three different sized rollers that heat up to ten
times faster than regular rollers.
- The velvet-coated rollers are soft and lightweight, in 25mm, 32mm
and 38mm sizes. They sit perfectly in hair and can also be removed
without burning or marking the hair. Simply heat each individual roller
to max temperature, wrap hair around the roller and clip in place.
- Its travel-friendly compact base unit is perfect to store away
and does not take over dressing tables.
THX Total Hair Experts Define Style Deep Barrel Waver
- For soft, stunning waves, the Deep Barrel Waver is perfect for a
sophisticated, vintage look.
- It features an adjustable rotary heat control so users can set
the temperature from 140° to 210° to suit all hair types.
- The waver heats up in just two minutes, making wavy styles quick
and easy to achieve, and features ceramic plates and a handy two metre
BaByliss Brilliant Shine Ionic Brush
- This brush uses a high-tech ionic generator to release
conditioning ions directly into the hair, removing unwanted static and
- Whether it’s for natural frizz or over-styled hair experiencing
static, the brush instantly leaves the cuticle looking smooth and hair
feeling noticeably softer, with its ball tipped bristles and flexible
cushion base for optimal comfort.
- Simply switch on the battery powered brush and comb from root to
tip for shiny, manageable hair.
LightStim for Wrinkles
- This hand-held beauty device uses LED light therapy to reduce
fine lines and wrinkles and achieve a radiant complexion, improving
skin’s moisture retention and overall skin tone, reducing pore sizes
and diminishing puffy eyes.
- LightStim has taken NASA's LED technology to a new level,
developing unique Multi-Wave Technology to simultaneously emit multiple
wavelengths (colours) of light.
- These wavelengths work together to give skin the boost it needs
for a more radiant and youthful appearance. An FDA clinical trial
showed a significant improvement in the skin of 100% of participants in
an eight week period.
Philips Lumea SC1981
- Philips’ new Lumea SC1981 is the smallest and lightest device in
the Lumea range, and a more compact, lightweight and affordable hair
- As with other light-based treatments, Lumea SC1981 uses IPL
technology to prevent hair re-growth.
- It delivers great results and will last for over 100,000 flashes,
providing over four years average use, and is up to £160 cheaper a year
than salon waxing.
Remington Big Style
- Big Style is truly versatile, so whether customers want subtle
waves or killer curls they will be able to get the look without
spending hours in rollers.
- This innovative styler comes with a selection of 15 detachable,
self-grip rollers in three sizes, along with a thermal brush for adding
extra height at the roots and a concentrator for blow drying.
- All rollers and attachments can be safely stored in the trendy
purple Big Style bag.
Lee Stafford ARGAN OIL from Morocco Retro Wave and Nourish
- This one-of-a-kind ceramic coated waver is infused with
nourishing argan oil for the smoothest, silkiest, healthiest hair ever.
- It is specially designed with a deep groove to create cascading,
vintage-inspired waves. It heats to 200°C temperature in 30 seconds and
has a barrel locking switch for easy transport.
- The cool tip at the end makes it easy to use while guiding the
tool down through the hair in clamping motion.
Mary Kay Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
- This lightweight, two-speed power brush gently massages as it
thoroughly cleans skin, removing residue, dirt and makeup in seconds,
and can remove make-up up to 85% better than cleansing by hand.
- The nylon bristles feature polished tips with rounded ends, so
they feel super soft against skin. It gently exfoliates and helps
improve skin texture without being abrasive.
- The brush allows subsequent skin care products to absorb better,
improves make-up application, and with consistent use, can enhance the
skin’s overall appearance.