MSL is looking for a Regulatory Manager to lead our regulatory team and support our EU and UK Responsible Person clients
MSL was founded in 2001 as a microbiological testing laboratory, primarily for the personal care and household cleansing markets and that is still at the core of our business. We offer organisations an integrated approach resulting in products and services getting to market quickly and cost-effectively, whilst still ensuring the highest standards of testing and legal compliance. MSL have extensive experience working with cosmetics and personal care product manufacturers and brand owners. We act as Responsible Person (RP) for a host of international companies and as such our name appears on products worldwide.
MSL is looking for a Regulatory Manager to lead our regulatory team and support our EU and UK Responsible Person clients. As Regulatory Manager you will be responsible for UK and EU regulatory affairs, reporting to the Operations Director and lead a team of regulatory administrators.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving regulatory strategy within MSL
- Leading and managing the Regulatory Team
- Support and manage all MSL RP clients
- Designing internal guidelines and processes, while monitoring and challenging reports to ensure that all policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to.
- Representing MSL at UK and international committees and speaking at conferences where necessary.
Key skills required
- Wide cosmetic regulatory knowledge combined with commercial understanding is essential.
- Previous experience of compliance and regulatory management of cosmetic products in the UK and EU
- Proven track record and experience managing a diverse team
- Organised and capable of prioritising, good attention to detail, confident decision maker
- Strong communication skills, great stakeholder management skills, able to effectively communicate with higher level management within the wider business
- Ability to translate regulatory and technical information into ‘digestible’ content to various technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leadership and management skills including coaching and training of junior team members
- Honours degree in Cosmetic Science or one of the life sciences, particularly chemistry, biochemistry, or biology is favourable
What we offer
In addition to being a beneficiary, we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Up to £3,600 tax free bonus per year
- Automatic enrolment into our enhanced company pension scheme
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Increasing up to 30 days with service
- Private health care available to all employees
- Paid sick leave
- Free legal, financial and wellbeing support available 24/7 for all staff and their partners
- Training provided as applicable with development plans in place
- Academic qualifications available at all levels
- Active roles in prestigious technical committees for committed individuals
- Regular social and fundraising events
Application Job Types: Full-time, Permanent (Part-time will be considered)
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org