You will be excited by the opportunity of joining the team, of gaining specialist knowledge across the Beauty and Fashion industries, and you will be able to translate your enthusiasm into high quality insights that will be published on Passport, as well as produce strong research. You will be creative in solving research problems and take ownership of own targets and find new ways of looking at data, fresh angles to generate insights and requires little or no prompting from manager to run with issues, taking them on and aspiring to do more.
This role will sit within the Health and Beauty specialisation, and cover Beauty and Personal Care, Consumer Health, Packaging, and Ingredients.
The Senior Analyst will build expertise on the industry, accomplishing the following:
- Exhibits a forward-looking mindset while researching various industries. Identifies new sources, uses all available resources including VIA, Survey, Analytics, PCP, and client engagement to strengthen the data for the vertical. Works with a regular network of contacts and looks to expand it proactively.
- Is proficient in explaining EMI methodology, research sources and effectively helping clients to feel comfortable using our product and talking to us. Actively looks for opportunities to engage with clients.
- Be able to produce templated content such as Regional Briefings, Global Company profiles and learns to write Briefings - Competitor/Channel/Quarterly, blog articles and white papers.
- Efficiently and independently manages client queries with commercial savvy. Adept at turning clients with queries into useful contacts.
- Supports sales and client-facing staff. Works with Sales and makes an impact in terms of the quality of local, regional, and global data and content because of client engagement.
- Delivers less complicated Passport Plus engagements (i.e., standard presentations, local/regional support to global experts) independently; and learns to deliver Passport Plus engagements that require more in-depth industry knowledge (i.e., expert consultations, digital and in-person workshops) with guidance and support from manager/senior staff.
- Interacts with Consulting to provide country/industry perspective when requested. Can provide constructive feedback on syndicated research findings to help the CG team quickly build up their understanding of the research.
- Is a compelling speaker and increasingly expert in the vertical's industries. Can broadly leverage Passport content in presentations and conferences that offer opportunities for networking, research, sales and marketing.
- Able to conduct two-way communication with media, asking questions and providing interviews.
The Senior Analyst will report to the Research Manager.Key responsibilities:
- Primary research to involve direct and regular contact with industry players, to collate/discuss data and trends for the purposes of improving global, regional, and country level data, translating this to insightful content in Passport
- Secondary research on country and industry sources, for individual/team use and for dissemination to in-country analysts
- Commission research to in-country analysts
- Strategic analysis: Regional Briefings, Global Company Profiles, Channel Overviews, Spotlights
- Work with the Beauty & Fashion Industry, Project, and Research Managers on pre/post-checks, research, and depending on experience, involvement in modelling and finalisation
- TDA: Top-down analysis and reconciliation
- Client liaison, queries, ad hoc requests, as required
- Conference and client presentations - depending on experience
- Flexibility and an initiative-taking approach to managing workloads and balancing research inputs, industry analysis and client interaction
- Good understanding of desk research, trade interviewing and data analysis/interpretation
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Deep intellectual curiosity
- Prioritisation and effective time management
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised and responsible individual
- Good collaborator that cares about their contribution
- Additional languages an advantage but not necessary
- Computer literacy to a prominent level in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
International: not only do we have a very multinational workforce in each office but we are all dealing with our 15 offices worldwide on an almost daily basis. With 15 offices globally there are regular opportunities for international transfer.
Hardworking but sociable: our staff know how to work hard but also how to enjoy themselves! We pride ourselves on creating an appropriate work-life balance, with flexible hours and regular socialising, including frequent after work meet ups, summer and Christmas parties and a whole range of sports and other groups to be involved with.
Committed to making a difference: We think that people are looking for something worthwhile in a company beyond the workplace. Our extensive Corporate Social Responsibility Programme gives each member of staff two volunteering days a year in addition to holidays. It sees us reaching out into the local community with our mentoring, group volunteering, and fundraising initiatives as well as supporting international charities through our website sales, matching staff sponsorship fundraising, and carbon offsetting all our flights, amongst many other activities.
Excellent benefits: we offer highly competitive salaries, enhanced healthcare and pensions, plus generous holiday allowances and flexible start and finish times each day.
Opportunities to grow: we offer extensive training and development opportunities at all levels. The vast majority of our managers and directors have been promoted from within and many have moved across departments as well as upwards. We pride ourselves on identifying and rewarding talent.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation or other non-merit factor.