Competitive salary and benefits package
Aston Chemicals is a leading distributor of ingredients to the European Cosmetic and Toiletry industries. We source our products from around the world and supply them to Personal Care manufacturers including multinationals, contract manufacturers and brand names. We are known for our exceptionally high levels of customer service and scientific approach. With 25 employees in the UK and 7 in Poland, we are a small, dynamic company where it is possible to influence decision-making and really make a difference.
We are recruiting a Technical Sales Representative or Account Manager to join our UK sales team. Our Technical Sales team maintain excellent relationships with our customers, developing new business and giving technical support to customers’ R&D teams. This role includes responsibility for:
- Regularly visiting new and existing customers to develop long-term working relationships with their R&D teams. This will involve extensive travel within the UK.
- Developing a broad range of contacts at all levels – R&D, marketing, commercial, manufacture etc.
- Understanding the technical and commercial needs of each of our customers, to ensure that our interactions with customers meet their requirements.
- Developing strong technical understanding of our wide range of products, their benefits and characteristics, in order to present this information to customers at all levels.
- Communicating complex technical information clearly and concisely in presentations to customers.
- Continuing to provide technical support to customers throughout their development process.
- Working with our Technical Development Chemists to develop new formulations that demonstrate the benefits of our products in Skincare, Haircare, Sun care, Toiletries and Colour Cosmetics.
- Identifying and exploiting new business opportunities for Aston Chemicals.
- Using knowledge of the Personal Care industry to influence the strategic direction of the business.
- Attending relevant Cosmetic and Toiletry industry meetings, seminars, exhibitions and symposia to increase knowledge of the Personal Care industry and identify opportunities for Aston Chemicals and our suppliers.
A positive, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated can-do attitude is essential, as are excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates must be proactive, analytical thinkers, and be committed to high customer service levels both within the company and towards external customers and suppliers.
You will have:
- A strong scientific education and preferably a degree in a scientific subject
- The ability to learn and understand new technologies, and apply this knowledge to business development
- A scientific approach to problem solving
- High energy and drive to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence
- The ability and aspiration to travel
You must be:
- Self-motivated and autonomous
- A clear and concise communicator
- Flexible and customer service orientated
There is great scope for creativity and personal development within this role, and you will be supported by extensive training on our products, a fully equipped laboratory, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, and outside training if required. This role is essential in enabling Aston Chemicals to continue to provide our customers and suppliers with excellence in innovation and customer service. We are therefore looking for an exceptional person who will appreciate the exciting opportunities that Aston Chemicals can offer.
Please send a CV, covering letter and a personal statement explaining what you think you could bring to this role, to Dr Dani Loughran at email@example.com.