The Chios mandarins exclusively grow under very specific conditions, which are optimally found in the beautiful historic orchards of the Greek island of Chios. MelanoGray™ was produced from the leftovers of these special mandarins that are used in the Distillation process of organic fragrance production. The extract is supplemented with acetyl tyrosine, which is the substrate for melanin synthesis.
In vitro and in vivo studies have demonstrated that MelanoGray™:
- Stimulates melanin production through several mechanisms, including the increased production of eumelanin, enhanced melanocyte proliferation, and the protection of melanocytes due to its antioxidant properties.
- Reduces the negative effects of noradrenaline induced stress in melanocytes.
- Reduces in a significant and long-lasting way (>1 month) the amount of grey hair by 5% and increases the non-white hair / white hair ratio by 21.6% after 120 days treatment in men and women.
MelanoGray™ is an attractive upcycling ingredient derived from a unique locally sourced mandarin that leads to a long-lasting significant reduction of grey hair, even during times of stress when hair greying can be accelerated.
- Reduces grey hair ratio by 21.6%
- Long-lasting repigmentation effect (>1 month)
- Stimulates melanin synthesis
- Enhances resistance of melanocytes against stress
- Anti-hair greying serum
- Intensive anti-hair greying lotion for women and men
- Protective pigment restoring elixir
- Premature greying prevention treatment
Formulating with MelanoGray™
- Recommended use level: 1 – 2%
- Incorporation: For cold processes, dissolve MelanoGray into the aqueous phase. In hot/cold processes, add during the cooling phase below 40°C
- Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 40°C for a short time will not affect the stability of MelanoGray™
INCI (EU / PCPC) Declaration: Citrus Reticulata Extract / Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Extract (and) Acetyl Tyrosine (and) Pentylene Glycol (and) Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate (and) Aqua / Water
- Organic source
- Upcycling ingredient
- Unique source from a historical place in Greece
Click here to learn more about MelanoGray™.