The collaboration is aimed at redefining personalised beauty recommendations for social media users. By leveraging the expertise of both companies to offer a unique user experience for product personalisation all via Instagram and Meta DM's.
Key Talking Points:
- Skin Match Technology and Superstarbots collaboration brings personalised beauty recommendations to social media DM’s with the help of a chatbot.
- The chatbot is the most revolutionary way to greatly enhance user engagement, boost conversion rates, and offer a customised and delightful experience for your followers.
- To test it for yourself, follow @sknmtch on Instagram and comment "skintest" on any post.
75% of consumers prefer to engage with brands using personal messaging channels vs. traditional channels. Not only this but According to Power Reviews, Nearly half (45%) of shoppers are motivated by social media to try new beauty products. Additionally, Forbes has reported that 62% of women follow beauty influencers on social media, meaning consumers are relying heavily on social media as a source of beauty product information.
This is what prompted the collaboration between Superstarbots and Skin Match Technology to offer a guided and personalised beauty shopping experience through social media DM’s in the form of a chatbot.
How it essentially works is, that customers simply comment keywords under posts or directly in the DM which then prompts instant replies to the customer. The replies come in the form of questions that can be personalised by the brand to find out key information about the customer's skin type, preferences, and skin goals. The customer replies to the questions by easily selecting options instead of needing to type out any answers. By the end of the quiz, the customer is then provided with products that fit their needs according to their answers. Customers can also check out their product recommendations by simply selecting “buy now”.
Beauty Brands can get customer-first acquisitions without leaving social media. “People follow a beauty brand because they have an interest but maybe have not yet made that first purchase. This personal service gives them the answers they are looking for to make it.” Says Estella Benz, CEO and CO-Founder of Skin Match Technology. Additionally, it allows brands to link to a product through the product recommendation directly. Which is innovative and new because posts do not allow that.
It's also a great way to get sales organically during ad-intense seasons like Christmas and Black Friday, without having to spend on advertising, because of the direct links and enhanced engagement. The Chatbot works for skincare and haircare product recommendations and even foundation shade, meaning your customers can find their perfect foundation shade via DM.
“Engaging with a social media chatbot offers customers numerous benefits” explains John Preston, Director at SuperstarBots Ltd, These benefits include:
- Enhanced Customer Experience: Chatbots deliver faster and more personalised support, ensuring that customers feel valued and understood.
- Always Available: Unlike traditional customer service channels, chatbots are available 24/7, catering to customer inquiries at any time, day or night.
- Seamless Integration: Chatbots provide a smooth and intuitive user experience across various interactive platforms, making it easy for customers to connect and communicate.
- Reach Customers Where They Are: Instead of making customers come to you, chatbots engage them on their favorite social media platforms, where they spend most of their online time, ensuring familiarity and convenience.
- The Instagram and Facebook algorithm favors accounts based on their engagement. The chatbot enhances the brand's social media engagement.
This next step in personalised user experience is made possible through the Skin Match Technology beauty database which is the largest and most detailed in the world. The chatbot bases recommendations on its proprietary algorithm and information from the database, making it detailed and accurate.