Symrise produces its approximately 30,000 products mainly produced on the basis of natural raw materials like vanilla, citrus fruits, onions, fish, meat, blossoms and plant materials.
The flavors, substances, perfume oils and sensory solutionsare often form central functional components for our customers’ end products.
These customers include manufacturers of perfumes, cosmetics and foods; the pharmaceutical industry and producers of nutritional supplements, pet food and baby food.
The scent and care segment breaks down into the fragrance, cosmetic ingredients and aroma molecules divisions. They produce and sell fragrances, cosmetic ingredients, aroma molecules and mint aromas.
They are used in the manufacture of perfumes, personal care and cosmetic products, cleaning products and detergents, home fragrances and oral care products.
Scent and care: Better living through scent
The scent and care division offers customers competencies in fragrances, beauty and care throughout the areas of research, development, purchasing, production and sales.
We distribute our over 15,000 products in more than 135 countries and have access to numerous production sites in all of the major regions across the globe and are therefore always in close proximity to our customers – from multinational companies to important regional and local partners.
Scent and care coordinates activities between the various departments like clockwork: Consumer and market insights, marketing, research and development as well as perfumery all work hand-in-hand.
This allows us to create products that optimally fulfill consumer needs around the world. The production sites benefit from a global, integrated supply chain and from company-wide synergies in purchasing, equipment and logistics.
Fragrance: Centuries and fragrance mastery
The objective of the Fragrance division is to provide everyone who uses our products with “fragrances for a better life.”
The division employs more than 70 highly talented and respected perfumers of 14 different nationalities, who work at 11 creative centers around the world.
Their combined professional experience adds up to more than 1,300 years of perfumery expertise.
They combine aromatic raw materials like aroma chemicals and essential oils to make complex fragrances (perfume oils). Our creative and composition business comprises the three global business units:
- Fine Fragrances: Excellence in perfumery
- Consumer Fragrances: Fragrance compositions for shower and bath products, hair care and dye, skin care, deodorants and men’s cosmetics as well as fragrances for fabric care and household products
- Oral Care: Creations for oral care products, such as tooth paste, mouth wash, etc.
Cosmetic ingredients: The countless facets of beauty and care
The division’s unique approach is based on more than 100 years of experience in the development and marketing of cosmetic raw materials.
Beauty is more diverse than ever. It is about character and values, about distinction and self-esteem: Today, beauty means to feel confident in your own skin.
Cosmetic ingredients fully embraces this contemporary concept. A holistic approach to beauty, harmonizing the best of nature, science and technology. Based on intensive consumer research, the division understands the needs of modern consumers.
The portfolio of the cosmetic ingredients division includes:
- Skin active ingredients, exploring bio-intelligence for adaptive beauty
- Hair actives for amazing hair inside out
- Dandruff control, hygiene and deodorant solutions inspiring confidence with skin protection
- Always a step ahead modern solutions for product protection
- Pioneering protection against solar radiation and negative environmental influences
- The science of engaging nature with inspiring plant extracts
- High-performance functionals making the indispensable absolutely irresistible, and tailor-made cosmetic colors to enlighten creativity.
Explore our lab services