Three senior managers will leave the company
Renewable ingredients producer Amyris has announced the departure of three members of its management team as part of a senior leadership realignment to support its growth strategy.
President of global operations Mario Portela, chief technical officer Neil Renninger and executive vp, general counsel and corporate secretary Tamara Tompkins will leave the company as part of the revamp.
The company also announced the following changes to the management team:
• Peter Boynton will lead business development activities;
• Paulo Diniz will continue to lead Amyris Brasil while expanding his responsibilities in strategic partnerships;
• Gary Loeb will serve as Amyris general counsel and corporate secretary;
• Mark Patel is being promoted to senior vice president of commercial operations, responsible for leading products strategy and sales growth;
• Ramesh Raman is being promoted to senior vice president of global manufacturing, responsible for manufacturing and supply chain;
• Christine Ring will lead legal technology strategy and intellectual property; and
• Steve Mills, as previously announced, has become chief financial officer.
Remaining in their positions are:
• Joel Cherry as head of research and development, including ongoing collaborations;
• Jack Newman as chief science officer; and
• Joel Velasco leading external communications and policy as well as strategic partnerships.
“We are committed to achieving profitable, predictable operations,” said Amyris president and ceo John Melo.