Lonza will also introduce PreservationPlus, a new approach to ensuring preservative efficacy optimised through influential elements such as strong formulation proficiency and end-application know-how, and debut a new two-part skin-defence system at the in-cosmetics Global Sensory Bar.
At in-cosmetics Global 2018, Lonza Consumer Product Ingredients (Stand E80) will showcase its new spectrum of bioactive functional ingredients that help protect the skin from modern lifestyle and environmental stressors, such as pollution, UV light and stress.
In addition, Lonza will introduce PreservationPlus, a new concept in developing market-leading formulations through complementary and integrated scientific expertise. In-cosmetics Global 2018 takes place from 17-19 April in Amsterdam (NL).
"We’ve done additional studies with our bioactive functional ingredients," said Jeffrey Rogers, VP of Consumer Product Ingredients. "We’ve generated new data that substantiates new claims, and we continue to innovate in the biofunctional space."
Vanessa Arruda, Global Market Development Manager, Bioactives, noted the Lonza bioactives are “driven by science.” She said, “The new in vitro and ex vivo studies identified have proved the capabilities of our bioactive portfolio to protect skin against the stressors of the modern urban lifestyle. We’re pleased to share the results at in-cosmetics Global.”
Skin protection showcase
Lonza will showcase three bioactives at the event:
- NAB Rhodiola extract from the Rhodiola rosea plant, which naturally thrives in harsh conditions. This thermal protectant has been shown to help provide antioxidant protection to skin from external stresses, including UV radiation.
- LactoPro CLP bioactive, an advanced nutrient moisturising complex containing Lactobacillus and soybean oil which helps strengthen the skin barrier, enhances skin elasticity, helps retain moisture and leads to healthier, vitalised and more balanced skin.
- Metabiotics Resveratrol ECT GEO bioactive, a biotechnological ingredient ideal for cosmetic formulations. It helps improve the radiance and youthfulness of skin by effectively reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
At in-cosmetics Global 2018, Lonza will also unveil PreservationPlus, a new approach to preservation that goes beyond merely the chemistry of the preservative.
"As consumer demands and thereby formulations become more complex, the choice of preservative needs to be brought upstream in the development process," explained Phil Hindley, Head of Global Marketing, Preservation.
"A modern-day preservation offer cannot purely be a product or chemistry selected in isolation. It must encapsulate strong formulation proficiency from the very start."
Lonza pulls these elements together with its PreservationPlus concept, aligning customer needs and applying integrated expertise to developing market-leading formulations.
The company supplements an ever-evolving preservation product portfolio with superior technical service, regulatory and toxicology expertise, and formulation know-how, all based on science.
Starring at the sensory bar
In addition to highlighting key technologies at its stand, Lonza will light up the Sensory Bar, inviting visitors to try on its new two-part “Urban Shield” prototype skin-defence system.
Comprising a silky-feeling cleansing milk followed by a charcoal mask, the system is designed to provide superior skin care support from aggressive environmental pollutants.
Cleansing milk ingredients include the Metabiotics Resveratrol and NAB Rhodiola bioactives, plus Polyaldo polyglyceryl esters and Mikrokill COS preservative.
The charcoal-based mask, which shields the skin from environmental aggressors, also features Metabiotics Resveratrol, Polyaldo polyglyceryl esters and Mikrokill COS preservative.
In addition, the film-forming properties of LaraCare A200 polymer create a physical barrier for the skin and Niacinamide USP PC helps improve skin texture to help keep it healthy.
Scalp care for healthy hair
Lonza is also introducing a scalp care portfolio and has generated new data that substantiates new claims.
Healthy hair begins with a healthy scalp, and each of the four ingredients Lonza will highlight at in-cosmetics Global 2018 performs a different function to support scalp health.
- Carnipure Carnitine keeps the scalp fresh by exfoliating and moisturising the skin barrier.
- LactoPro CLP, a scalp macronutrient complex including Lactobacillus, milk solids and soybean, helps improve scalp health by retaining existing moisture and building the scalp barrier.
- NAB Butterbur extract is designed for formulations for sensitive skin and can also help soothe an irritated scalp.
- NAB Rhodiola extract in scalp-care formulations delivers triple protection for the scalp: detoxification via antioxidants that limit the ability of free radicals to damage skin cells; protection against hot and cold thermal stress; and calming scalp irritation.
*PreservationPlus, NAB, Metabiotics, Polyaldo, Mikrokill, LaraCare and Carnipure are registered trademark ingredients of Lonza