A global company testing and evaluating an unparalleled range of cosmetics, toiletries and raw materials for their efficacy, safety and regulatory compliance
Cosmetics and Personal Care
We can test and evaluate an unparalleled range of cosmetics, toiletries and raw materials for their efficacy, safety and regulatory compliance including those listed below:
- Hair care: shampoos, conditioners and styling products such as serums, creams, gels, mousse and hair spray. Claim substantiations include – curl retention, anti-frizz, volumising, entangling/detangling, anti-greasy roots and anti-dry tips, anti-dandruff and anti-hair loss.
- Skin care: moisturisers, anti-wrinkle, anti-ageing and lifting products. Claim substantiations include – immediate and long lasting moisturising effect, anti-drying effects, exfoliating effects, tightening of pores, lifting effects, reduction of wrinkle depth, length and volume, anti-sebum effect, hypoallergenic.
- Make-up and beauty products: Lipsticks, lipgloss, eye-shadows and blushers, foundations, nail varnish, eye liners and mascara. Claim substantiations include – gloss effect, long lasting effects of a foundation (12 h), long lasting effects of nail varnish (6 days), homogeneity of the skin, increase lash length, volume and curvature.
- Bodycare and oral hygiene products: Shower gels, bubble baths, soaps, scrubs, moisturisers, tanning and slimming products, deodorants and anti-perspirants, toothpaste. Claim substantiations include - immediate and long lasting moisturising effect, anti-drying effects, exfoliating effects, smoothing of orange-peel skin, whitening effect.
Clinical studies may be conducted under medical control (i.e. dermatologist, ophthalmologist, paediatrician, gynaecologist, dentist) or specialists (hairdresser, beautician etc.) and /or incorporate instrumental analysis to suit your specific requirements.
The laboratories with the Eurofins’ group have over 40 years’ experience in the cosmetic testing field and a selection of the services we offer is as follows;
- In-vitro tests – Cytotoxicity, skin irritation, skin corrosion, eye irritation, skin adsorption
- Safety tests including various Patch tests
- Challenge tests
- Stability and Packaging Compatibility Studies
- Shelf life and PAO studies
- Microbiological evaluation
- Claim support, efficacy and performance testing
- Home User Trials and sensorial studies, assessment of consumer preferences
- Solar protection testing (Sunscreen / SPF products) – in vitro and in vivo methods
- Chemical and physical analysis e.g. heavy metals, formaldehyde, preservatives
- Verification of formulations
- Perfumes and Essential Oils - including allergen analysis
- PIF review and labelling checks
We can also organise for Cosmetic Safety Assessments to be carried out to meet requirements of the European Cosmetic Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009.