Founded in 1986, by Mr. Wilfried Courage and Prof. hc. Gabriel Khazaka, Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH introduced the first scientific measurement tools to objectively quantify parameters on the skin. Until today they have always been the the world market leader in this field. Nobody else offers such a complete range of measurement parameters. For more than 30 years C+K is constantly developing new parameters for skin and hair.
In general C+K offers two ranges of products, the scientific skin testing systems and the instruments to determine the skin type by measurements and the recommend treatment and products.
Use in the scientific field:
The devices have become the worldwide standard
- for objective clinical diagnosis for dermatology (in clinical research and for the practical dermatologist)
- In the R&D departments of cosmetic/pharmaceutical/raw material companies
- In independent testing laboratories undertaking efficacy testing and claim support.
- Due to their user friendliness and reasonable prices the instruments are not only used by large international companies but also by smaller and medium sized cosmetic companies to test their products at each stage of the development.
- Occupational health has found that besides the tests of other body organs and functions (e.g. lung, ears, eyes, etc.) measuring the skin is a useful way of predicting where the skin is at risk and thus preventing skin disease among workers and has also an educational effect (to show the necessity of using skin care and protection products).
- burns and wound medicine
Of course this is only a selection of the user groups. There are many others interested in the skin (e.g. food industry, textile industry, veterinary medicine and other medical fields) etc. Even in space skin physiological tests are done with the C+K devices on an ISS mission.