Proficient in Skin Moisture Homogeneity
MossCellTec™ Aloe is an unequaled aloe-moss extract sustainably obtained through our MossCellTec™ technology. Thanks to an intensified connexin-mediated cell- to-cell communication, MossCellTec™ Aloe optimally evens the moisture distribution in the skin and reduces the volume and depth of wrinkles.
Aloe-moss, which is also known as Aloina aloides, has high water retention capacity and is considered a rare species. Mibelle Biochemistry’s culture technology MossCellTec™ enables the large-scale and sustainable production of endangered moss species which conveys the beneficial properties of aloe-moss for the skin.
Connexins are transmembrane proteins that form channels and connect the cytoplasm of neighboring cells. The resulting gap junctions permit the efﬁcient transfer and propagation of signaling molecules between cells. Thus, a strong network of connexins improves the distribution of molecules within tissues, supporting efficient cell-to-cell communication and a fast and synchronised response of the skin.
In vitro and clinical studies have shown that MossCellTec™ Aloe:
- Improves the signal flow in epidermal keratinocytes via gap junctions
- Signiﬁcantly improves skin hydration evenness by 14 % after just two weeks and by 20 % after four weeks
- Signiﬁcantly reduces wrinkle volume (13.1 %) and depth (8.2 %) after four weeks
Therefore, MossCellTec™ Aloe enables a synchronised reaction of the skin granting harmonised skin moisture distribution and reduced signs of skin aging.
MossCellTec™ Aloe is COSMOS approved* and NATRUE approved.
- Moisturising formulas
- Balancing skin care
- Holistic well-being body and face treatments
- Healthy-aging applications
- SPA, wellness, and forest-bathing concepts
Formulating with MossCellTec™ Aloe
- Recommended use level: 2 %
- Incorporation: For cold processes, dissolve MossCellTec™ Aloe into the aqueous phase. In hot / cold processes, add during the cooling phase below 40 °C
- Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 40 °C for a short time will not affect the stability of MossCellTec™ Aloe
INCI (EU / PCPC) Declaration
- Xylitol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Ketoglutaric Acid (and) Aqua / Water
* Raw material approved by ECOCERT GREENLIFE in accordance with the COSMOS Standard