Pure Beauty Awards – Brand innovation
Marketing | Packaging
The Pure Beauty Awards 2014 celebrates the best in beauty – the most efficacious, exciting and innovative products launched over the past 12 months
Best DESIGN PACKAGING award
Firetrap for Him
- Founded in 1991, the Firetrap brand is synonymous with edgy and
urban UK British design of innovative and contemporary collections.
- Energising Firetrap For Him blends sparkling citrus and fresh
mint accents with warm touches of spice. A charismatic heart of ginger
wrapped in jasmine and patchouli dries to reveal a woody base of
sandalwood, musk and moss.
- This 75ml EDT comes in a stylish and distinctive reusable
- The LACOSTE L!VE flacon is edgy, strong and playful.
- The cube is a clean and modern shape and with its minimalistic
aesthetic and contemporary colours, this unexpected object could be
seen in any art gallery.
- The bold design with a subtle play of materials draws a unique
and instantly recognisable envelope for this fragrance.
Josh Wood Guardian of Colour
- M&S collaborated with acclaimed hair stylist and colourist
Josh Wood on this exclusive range of 13 products, aimed at women with
colour-treated hair, and DewGibbons + Partners’ contribution included
range naming, 2D design and sourcing pack structures.
- DewGibbons + Partners spent time with Josh at his Atelier to get
an understanding of his vision, to create an accessible yet premium
- The packaging features a fresh, spring-like colour palette,
contemporary font and a restrained, clean design.
- The packaging for the Evoka range sought to position the products
at the highest end of the beauty category for customers in selective
- Evoka looks to appeal to the customer by use of aspirational
imagery depicting the richness of cultures around the world, which
inspires curiosity and invites customers to experience the varied
fragrances of these areas.
- M&H Plastics produced a luxury finish for the packs, using
recyclable square-edged boston round PET bottles, tubes and PET jars.
These were then decorated with a matt lacquer upon which were screened
the icons, logos and distinctive latitude and longitude varnish lines
to evoke the travel element.
You & I One Direction
- You & I is a brand new scent from One Direction that follows
the success of debut fragrance Our Moment, the fastest selling
fragrance of 2013.
- The angled glass bottle is overlaid with a lilac panel outlined
with a gold line, and finished off with a unique detachable charm for
fans to treasure.
- The box showcases two images of each band member separated by a
web of converging golden lines framing the fragrance’s name.
Ciaté London Beach House
- Ciate’s Beach House is the second seasonal house for the brand,
housing the perfect summer paint pot edit for the season.
- Customers can have their very own mini beach hut, complete with
quintessentially British bunting, beach ball and lifesaver – seagull
- Take a sneak peek through the Beach House windows to suss out the
colours, or open the door to reveal the contents.
- Japonesque founder Karen McKay wanted to find a
‘never-explored-before’ packaging and finishing solution to make the
Japonesque Colour cosmetics range really stand out.
- HCP Packaging’s Gel Technology was selected to render the range
unique: every hand finished component is created with a unique blend of
swirled gel, made from a specific formulation of epoxy resin and colour
pigments, which are cured to an eye-catching, long lasting, hard shine.
- Special colour combinations were created to differentiate the
eye, lips, cheek and skin lines, to aid identification by the consumer.
Patisserie de Bain by Rose & Co
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
- Patisserie de Bain is renowned for its pretty, vintage inspired
packaging that stands out from the crowd.
- Inspired by the love of a bygone era and the pastel hues of
Parisian patisseries, the range includes delectable gifts in pretty
pinks and pastels.
- Available in delectable new fragrances including Sweet as Cherry
Pie, Sugar Rose and Cranberries & Cream, these beautifully packaged
gifts are all made in the UK.
SPECIAL INNOVATION award
Trevor Sorbie Rejuvenate Range
- This regime targets the needs of fine or thinning hair with a
unique collagen and peptide complex that helps to repair and strengthen
the hair cuticle.
- Collasurge, more commonly known as collagen, traditionally
promotes skin flexibility, and works in the same way when applied to
the hair, improving body, texture and manageability.
- Meanwhile, conditioning active Keramimic 2.0 provides helps
repair the most damaged areas of the hair surface.
- The Bathory lets customers invent a customised bath soak, to help
them feel relaxed, revived, sexy or whatever they fancy.
- The innovative product is a fully customisable natural bath soak,
backed by a digital experience that educates the customer about each
- Customers visit thebathory.com and choose from three luxurious
mineral bases then select three organic essential oils, depending on
how they want to feel. The soak is then hand-blended to order.
TRESemmé 7 Day Keratin Smooth System Heat Activated Treatment
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth System Heat Activated Treatment is
designed to care and nourish hair from root to tip.
- Featuring a first-to-market, new generation technology, the
treatment is activated by using hair straighteners to provide a lasting
salon finish that stays smooth for up to four washes.
- The TRESemmé Keratin Smooth System Heat Activated Treatment is
part of the brand’s super premium 7 Day Keratin Smooth System range.
Elemis Pro-Intense Lift Effect Super System
- A 30-day programme designed to reveal more lifted, firmer and
shaped facial contours.
- Powered by breakthrough technology that combines cutting-edge
plant stem cells, nutrient-rich natural lipids and protective plant
actives, this innovative system delivers an ultimate lift effect.
- The four-step regime includes Pro-Intense Super Serum, Eye and
Lip Contour Cream, Lift Effect Night Cream and Lift Effect Jowl and
NIVEA In-Shower Body Moisturiser Nourishing Cocoa/Pampering Honey
- NIVEA has extended its pioneering In-Shower Body Moisturiser
range with two new indulgent scents, nourishing Cocoa and pampering
- NIVEA In-Shower Body Moisturiser takes the hassle out of
moisturising, allowing users to incorporate this beauty step into their
daily shower routine.
- The water-activated formula absorbs immediately, leaving a
nourishing and caring film on the skin’s surface. Simply apply, rinse,
dry and go.
Philips Lumea SC1981
- Philips Lumea SC1981, the most innovative device in the Lumea
range, is a more compact and affordable hair removal solution for women
who want to treat fewer or smaller areas of their body.
- It uses IPL technology to prevent hair re-growth. It delivers
great results and will last for over 100,000 flashes, providing over
four years average use, and is up to £160 cheaper a year than salon
- It is suitable even for women with lighter hair, to treat fewer
areas of the body where the hair is dark enough.
Otostick Cosmetic Ear Correctors
- Otostick is a quick and easy non-surgical solution for protruding
- The small, almost invisible silicone prostheses discreetly attach
the ear a little closer to the head, and can remain in place for up to
- The specially developed hypoallergenic adhesive stays put through
showering and sleeping, but can be painlessly removed when required.
O’right Tree in a Bottle
- Introducing the world’s first certified carbon neutral shampoo,
Tree in a Bottle; a professional grade, double-duty shampoo that not
only cleanses and replenishes hair, but also gives back to the
- Tree in a Bottle can actually grow a tree after use, from the
bamboo cap to the bottle and the seed pod, which are all made of 100%
certified biodegradable materials.
- When planted into the ground, the bottle will decompose into
carbon dioxide and water. Aided by these nutrients, the Acacia Confusa
seeds hidden underneath the bottle can sprout a tree.
Lee Stafford My Big Fat Bouncy Blow Out Brush
- An easy to use, high impact tool that pads, lifts and gives
instant back-combing results without tangling the hair.
- The unique hot air styler sphere shape is patented to Lee
Stafford and creates big fat hair with volume and bouncy curls.
- You can easily remove the styling sphere head and use the tool as
a hair dryer. The cool shot is perfect for setting styles into place.
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
- Tweezy is a revolutionary globally-inspired facial hair removal
product combining the art of ‘threading’ into a physical device.
- Durable, reusable and portable, it provides gentle, effective DIY
hair removal at a fraction of the cost and time of conventional hair
- It is intuitive and easy to use with a simple bend and twist
action. It is suitable for women and men of all ages, hair and skin
Best new BEAUTY brand
Velvet Bliss Eyelashes
- Velvet Bliss uses handmade, guaranteed cruelty-free 100% Siberian
fur eyelashes that have been sterilised but otherwise not chemically
- The hand tied eyelashes offer maximum comfort and ease of
application and have an invisible seam, making them virtually
undetectable while adding a glamorous effect in a natural way.
- Single lashes are available in addition to strip lashes, in four
lengths from short to extra long.
- Su-Man Skincare is the creation of dancer, shiatsu master,
Pilates practitioner and facialist turned skincare pioneer, Su-Man Hsu.
- Su-Man’s mission was simple – to create a skin care system that
replicates the benefits of her legendary Skin Reborn Sculpting Facial,
takes the best of the two worlds she grew up in (Asia and the West) and
brings together the wisdom and practices from her rich life’s journey.
- The result is an uncompromising anti-ageing system based on
wonder antioxidants, dragon’s blood extract and rosehip oil, to repair
and protect the skin against ageing.
- The idea behind Nanshy’s range of make-up application tools is
simple: “To help as many people as we can enhance their beauty and
appearance for an even better look.”
- The range of high quality tools is 100% cruelty-free, offers
tremendous value for the price, and is designed to give consumers
- Nanshy offers 100% cruelty-free vegan synthetic brushes and brush
sets with ergonomic handles, as well as sponges and storage.
Face Matters Skincare Range
- Face Matters is a luxurious skin care range with a potent mix of
highly-active botanical oils blended with pure organic mineral silicon
to stimulate the production of collagen.
- Sally Curson, a facialist with over 20 years’ experience,
formulated the range after suffering from stress-related rosacea. Her
anti-ageing formulas produced outstanding results in just four weeks in
independent skin trials.
- The range includes Morning Moisture Cream Anytime Cleanser, 24/7
Balm and Evening Elixir, and a percentage of profits from each sale is
donated to Refuge.
Eve Snow London
- Eve Snow London is one of the fastest growing nail lacquer brands
thanks to its inclusion of nourishing ingredients and vitamins such as
argan oil, vitamin E and gingko biloba, for healthier nails, better
colour and shiny, longer-lasting manicures.
- Eve Snow London set out to create a more nourishing, natural
collection of nail polishes that act as a nail detox for consumers
recovering from feather, gel and/or acrylic manicures.
- The range includes two formulated colour collections: the
original 3-free formula and the new 6-free formula, which is free from
even more toxins, treatments and polish removers.
- Pretty Athletic is the first skin care brand designed for female
fitness enthusiasts. With products that help to reduce redness and
rehydrate, the range leaves post-workout skin looking and feeling
- Each product has been designed to soothe and cool skin after
exercise, with a synergistic blend of botanical plant oils and extracts
like soothing aloe vera, nourishing rosehip oil and witch hazel to
- The range contains no parabens, silicones, mineral oils, dyes,
PEGs or sulfates, is made in England, and features sleek, sporty packs
that are easy to fit in a gym kit.
Urban Retreat Skincare
- Urban Retreat’s seven-step daily skincare range was created
following a year-long exercise listening to its loyal customers and
- The range was developed by Creative and Brand Director, Reena
Hammer, who identified that clients were looking for a core range of
products to use at home.
- It combines the knowledge gained in product formulation, spa
experience and retail, teamed with elements of Reena’s favourite
bio-active natural ingredients and essentials oils.
Make-up by HD Brows
CLICK TO VOTE NOW
- HD Brows has unveiled its rebranded and extended beauty offering.
- The 76-strong collection boasts a comprehensive portfolio of
premium products within brow, eye, skin, lip and accessory categories.
- Each product is cased in luxurious, high-gloss packaging fully
representative of the forward-thinking beauty brand.