Stephenson Personal Care has launched a range of naturally derived monoglyceryl and polyglycerol esters known as DUROSOFT at this year’s InCosmetics exhibition in Amsterdam.
Durosoft uses 100% naturally derived raw materials to produce ingredients for a variety of natural formulations.
Their growing portfolio of personal care ingredients currently includes a range of sustainable emulsifiers, emollients, thickeners and solubilisers. Durosoft uses green chemistry to provide natural alternatives to synthetic ingredients found in many cosmetic and personal care products.
Durosoft was developed by the technical innovation chemists at Stephenson Personal Care in direct response to the increasing demand for natural products and gives cosmetics and personal care product formulators an innovative solutions for current formulations as well as future R&D.
The DUROSOFT range of natural and sustainable esters currently includes:
- DUROSOFT GMO – Durosoft GMO is a naturally derived grade of Glyceryl Oleate.
- DUROSOFT GMS – Durosoft GMS is a naturally derived grade of Glyceryl Stearate.
- DUROSOFT GMS-SG – Durosoft GMS-SG is a RSPO certified segregated grade of Glyceryl Stearate.
- DUROSOFT GML-SG – Durosoft GML-SG is a RSPO certified segregated grade of Glyceryl Laurate.
- DUROSOFT PG4-O – Durosoft PG4-O is a naturally derived grade of Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate.
- DUROSOFT PG4L-SG – Durosoft PG4L-SG is a RSPO certified segregated grade of Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate.
- DUROSOFT PG10-O – Durosoft PG10-O is a naturally derived grade of Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate.
- DUROSOFT PG10L-SG – Durosoft PG-10L-SG is RSPO certified segregated grade of Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate.
- DUROSOFT PG10-CY – Durosoft PG10-CY is naturally derived grade of Polyglyceryl-10 Caprylate.
Advantages of formulating with Durosoft include:
- Esters that are compatible with oil and water phases
- No deleterious effect on temperature sensitive ingredients
- Enables brand owners to make sustainable and natural finished product claims
- Portfolio covers a wide HLB range of 4 – 14 and our ingredients can be used in combination with each other to achieve the required HLB of a formulation
- Electrolyte tolerant