Cosmetics maker PZ Cussons has snapped up British baby and child personal care brand Childs Farm for £36.8m.
The Carmex owner now owns 92% of the business, with founder Joanna Jensen in control of the other 8%.
She will relinquish her ownership by the end of May 2025.
Jensen’s product line includes bath and shower products, as well as skin and hair care, and ranges from £3.50 to £24.
For the year ended December 2020, Childs Farm reported £17.4m in gross revenue.
The transaction is not thought to have an impact on PZ Cussons’ profits for the financial year.
“The foundations of our new strategy ‘Building Brands for life, today and for future generations’ are firmly in place and are delivering results,” said Jonathan Myers, Chief Executive of PZ Cussons.
“As we transition from turnaround to transformation, we are delighted to take this important step to accelerate growth in our core categories and priority markets.
“Over the past decade, Joanna and her talented team have built a category-leading brand, loved by millions of parents seeking the very highest quality products for their children.”
He continued: “Childs Farm is a leader in sustainability, demonstrating that we share a strong ethos, as PZ Cussons journeys towards our own B Corp ambition.
“We look forward to welcoming Childs to the PZ Cussons family as a must win brand, and to driving the next stage of its growth both in the UK and beyond.”
Speaking about the takeover, Jensen added: “I am incredibly proud of the brand that Childs Farm became and what the team at The Barn have achieved to bring natural, sustainable, sensitive skin care to the little ones of Britain and beyond.
“It is clear to me that in PZ Cussons, with our shared vision for the brand and cultural fit, we have found a fantastic partner and the team and I look forward to working with them to take the business to the next level.”