The Perfume Shop has announced its list of the 30 most iconic fragrances of the past 30 years to mark its three-decade anniversary
The Perfume Shop's MD Gill Smith celebrates the retailer's 30th anniversary
The top fragrances from the past 30 years have been unveiled by retailer The Perfume Shop to mark its 30th anniversary.
The Perfume Shop has divided its list of the most iconic perfumes since 1992 into decades of launch, revealing that the 90s proved a boom period for aromatic big-hitters.
Fragrances brought to market during the Brit-pop era included John Paul Gaultier’s Classique (1993) and CK One (1994).
Meanwhile, enduring fragrances launched in the new millennium included Tom Ford’s Black Orchid (2006) and Marc Jacob’s Daisy (2005).
“We love introducing fragrance fans to new and exclusive scents – but it’s also no surprise that many on the list have been consistent favourites throughout the last 30 years,” said Gill Smith, Managing Director of The Perfume Shop.
“A beautiful scent is timeless and we’re proud to play a part in bringing these classics to new generations of perfume fans, alongside some of the hottest new scents on the high street.”
• Chanel No.5 EDP (1921)
• Guerlain Shalimar EDT (1925)
• Nina Ricci L’Air Du Temps EDP (1948)
• Estée Lauder Youth Dew EDT (1953)
• Brut Brut EDT (1964)
• Aramis Aramis EDT (1965)
• Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche EDT (1970)
• Charlie Blue EDT (1973)
• Yves Saint Laurent Opium EDT (1977)
• Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs EDT (1978)
• Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir EDT (1982)
• Guerlain Samsara EDT (1989)
• Joop! Homme EDT (1989)
• Thierry Mugler Angel EDT (1992)
• CK One EDT (1994)
• Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT (1995)
• Hugo Boss Boss Bottled EDT (1998)
• DKNY Be Delicious EDP (2004)
• Tom Ford Orchid EDP (2006)
• Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT (2007)
• Paco Rabanne 1 Million EDT (2008)
• Diesel Only The Brave EDT (2009)
• Lancôme La Vie Est Belle EDP (2012)
• Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium EDP (2014)
• Dior Sauvage EDT (2015)
• Carolina Herrerra Good Girl EDP (2018)
• The Perfume Edit range (2019)
• Paco Rabanne Phantom EDT (2021)
• Billie Eilish Eilish Eau De Parfum (2022)